Washington, DC, U.S. On Sept. 27, the Automotive Service Association (ASA) will hold a webinar on periodic motor vehicle safety inspection (PMVI) programs and new safety technologies. The webinar will highlight the value of these programs and how they continue to protect consumers, providing important information for shop owners, managers and anyone involved in offering vehicle repair services to consumers.
Following the presentations, participants had the opportunity to engage in a question-and-answer session with panelists. Below are a few of the topics that were addressed:
- Safety technologies are constantly changing and updating. It’s vital for shops to stay on top of training so their technicians are fully equipped to repair today’s vehicles.
- ASA advances professionalism and excellence in the automotive repair industry through education, representation and member services
- Shops in states without safety programs should continue to educate consumers and policymakers about the importance of preventative maintenance.
The webinar covered periodic motor vehicle safety inspection programs and new safety technologies,featuring guests
- Doug Campbell, president, Automotive Safety Council.
- Representative Madeleine Dean.
- Taylor Hill, independent shop manager, vehicle inspection specialist